Working to help the district reach its core value of continuous improvement.
The Department of Program Evaluation, Research and Assessment supports student learning through support of:
- Research around student learning and instruction;
- Support in data interpretation and measurements;
- Evaluation of district and school programs; and
- Management and support for district and state-mandated assessments.
Dr. Mao Thao Jacobson
Director of Program Evaluation, Research and Assessment
Student grades are meant to provide an accurate reflection of a student's learning with what they know based on grade level academic standards.
For grading policies and questions, contact your child's school.
2020-21 World's Best Workforce and Achievement and Integration Progress Report
The World's Best Workforce (WBWF) was developed in 2013 (Minnesota Statutes, section 120B.11) to ensure that school districts and charter schools in Minnesota enhance student achievement through teaching and learning supports. School boards that govern districts and charter schools are required to develop comprehensive, long-term strategic plans that address the following five WBWF goals:
- All children are ready for school.
- All third-graders can read at grade level.
- All racial and economic achievement gaps between students are closed.
- All students are ready for career and college.
- All students graduate from high school.
Please read SoWashCo Schools 2020-21 WBWF and Achievement and Integration Progress Report.